IWC of Nasr City
Saturday @ 12:00 p.m. (2nd & 4th)
Radisson Blue Hotel, Cairo
1. Friends of Bright Tomorrow
Charity Organization for special needs children since 1997
Services rendered by IWC of Nasr City:
1. Participation in buying a bus for the children’s transportation.
2. Establishing and running a recycling workshop.
3. Establishing and preparing a packaging workshop.
4. Setting up a Greenhouse.
5. Establishing and supplying the foundation department with educational tools for the children.
6. Updating medical tools and buying a water heater for the medical section.
7. Permanent participation in supporting underprivileged cases.
8. Organizing parties for the children of the Association on different occasions.
9. Holding an Iftar every Ramadan for orphans and special needs children.
10. Organizing a sports day with other special needs organizations.
11. Donated electrical appliances, educational tools, carpets, furniture, food supplies and medicine.
12. Donated 30 computers and laptops and 5 educational software to help the children learn and improve their cognitive abilities.
13. Supporting the “Enhancement of Senses” room with equipment to improve the senses and skills of autistic children.
2. Clothes Charity Bazar since 2015
Every year the Club of Nasr City organized “El Kheir Bazar for Clothes at Ain Shams University.
Members donate used clothes in excellent conditions, and they buy new clothes to sell in the Bazar with very modest prices to the students in need. Money gained from the event is donated to social solidarity departments and other projects at the University.
IWC of Nasr City also organized a Clothes Bazar at the Faculty of Applied Arts at Helwan University.
3. Annual “Iftar Ramadan” since 1997 (Iftar El Kheir)
Every Ramadan, IWC of Nasr City organizes an Iftar for 300 orphans and special needs children. After having the iftar, the children participate in different entertainment activities and drawing competition. Some companies like Nestle distribute their products as gifts. Sameh Yousry, the Egyptian singer often volunteers to sing at this event.
4. Dar Al Mahdi for Orphans and the Elderly (affiliated with the Ministry of Solidarity) since 2015
A charitable project is done annually:
* Collective Iftar for orphans in Ramadan
* Moral awareness, living values and educational lessons for children.
* Helping to establish a medical clinic for the home.
* Supporting the home with clothes for the orphans and the elderly.
* Due to the current Corona conditions, this year the house was completely sterilized to prevent any infections.
5. Book Club since 2015
The members of Inner Wheel Club of Nasr City affirm that reading is one of the central sources of knowledge and culture. They believe that a society of readers is a developed society that helps the nation to advance culturally and to push the boundaries of knowledge. Therefore, The Book Club was launched by the Inner Wheel Club of Nasr City President 2015-2016, Mrs. Nihal EL Bakry One of the main goals of our Inner Wheel organization, is to enrich its members by promoting a culture of reading .